Info about PMD
- 1 in 5 women will experience PMD during pregnancy or after the
birth or adoption of a baby.
- Men can also experience Postpartum Depression.
- A new mother might not recognize depression or anxiety as she is tired,
overwhelmed, or simply adjusting to life with a new baby.
- It is important for a parent with symptoms to see a doctor or medical
professional. PMD can be treated.
- Pregnancy and postpartum mental health is a family issue: Dads and
other helpers need support, information and connection too.
- PMD is a medical condition and requires assessment and treatment by a qualified health care professional